Available Glass Types, Edges & Thicknesses
Availalbe Glass Types, Edges & Thickness
At Fab Glass and Mirror, we are proud to offer more than 100 different styles of glass table tops for use in your home or business. If you’re looking for the perfect glass for your dining table or coffee table, you’ve come to the right place. Every product we sell is constructed with the highest quality glass. In fact, we’re so confident in the quality of the glass and manufacturing process of every item we sell, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Whether you are in the market for round, rectangular or square glass table tops or glass table covers, you will be sure to find just what you need in our expansive collection.
You have a wide variety of choices when it comes to glass types at Fab Glass and Mirror. Many of our customers prefer standard clear glass, while others are in the mood for low iron glass. For a more luxurious feel, consider going with frosted (etched) glass. To make your table fit in precisely with your existing decor, it’s a good idea to get glass that matches your preferred hues. Standard tints of glass that we offer include blue, bronze, gray and green. We also offer super gray and mirror pane tinting options to all of our customers.
See the following edgeworks available to choose.
No one wants to settle for generic, boring glass table tops that lack style and class. However, people sometimes focus their attention on the top surface of the glass and forget to look at the edge, which is an important consideration when it comes to interior decoration. You will want to select the perfect type of glass edge for your glass table top to make sure it will reflect your personal style. With the variety of edge styles available from Fab Glass and Mirror, from beveled polish to seamed, you will get the look you want for a price that can’t be beat! Beveled polished glass is cut to a particular angle to give an elegant look. A flat polished edge is appropriate when you are going for a minimalist look. For a softer look, you will want to get ogee polished edge glass, which provides a nice “S” shape. Another refined look is pencil polish, in which the glass maker rounds and then polishes the edge of the glass, giving it a shape similar to that of a sharpened wooden pencil. In cases where you may be covering part of the glass edge, such as in a fireplace door, a seamed glass edge will be sufficient, as it will be sanded to remove sharp edges but will not be so decorative.
Choose from the following Clear Glass thicknesses that suits your need.
* 1/8" - 3.2mm -- Ideal for items such as picture frames and customized table tops.
- * 5/32" - 4.0mm – Do you need to protect a coffee table? This is a suitable thickness.
- * 3/16" - 4.7mm – Use this thickness of glass for custom table tops, glass shelves and insulated units.
- * 1/4" - 5.7mm – Best for custom glass shelves as well as topping surfaces used to protect your valuable antiques.
- * 3/8" - 9.5mm – Are you replacing your shower door? Or perhaps you need a custom patio table or other type of customized glass sheet. Use this thickness for best results.
- * 1/2" - 11.5mm – Ideal for covering large glass tables on the patio, making customized windows and building a tailor-made luxurious glass shower.
- * 3/4" - 19.0mm – This thickness is appropriate for creating staging areas with glass, as well as showcasing items in an art gallery. Business owners often use this thickness of glass for customized store fronts.
How thick should the glass be for your coffee table or dining table? Depending on the specific requirements for your home or business, you may be more interested in selecting a glass table top that is thinner and more elegant or a top that is more substantial. Thinner glass table tops have an advantage in being lightweight and easy to move and put in place. They have a distinct look that connotes delicacy and beauty. Thicker glass table tops are more impressive and substantial and make a bold statement in your home or place of work. Because they weigh more, you have to handle them with care and may require more than one person to put into place. Here are details on applications for various types of glass thickness that we provide at Fab Glass and Mirror.
Buy It With Confidence
Fab Glass and Mirror delivers only the best.
- Custom-Cut Glass and Mirrors right to your doorstep
- Free Shipping and a Guaranteed Price Match
- Fast Turnaround Time to meet your delivery needs
- Free Expert Consultation ( Call at +1 888-474-2221 )
- Excellent Customer Service
- Safe and Secure shopping online ( Verfied Company Premium SSL Certificate from Godaddy)
- Wide Range of Glass Styles and Finishes
- We accept Amazon Payments, Paypal, and all major credit cards
- Google Trusted Store