Replacement Insulated Glass Window Panels
Your Windows are SAFE in our hands!!
Fab Glass and Mirror can provide a replacement for your insulated glass panels. You will receive great service and products that will exceed your expectations. Insulated glass units help keep heat in during winter and heat out during the summer - saving you money on your energy bills.
Do I Have To Replace My Entire Window?
No! If your window is broken or “fogged”, we at Fab Glass can replace the glass in the frame. You can save the expense of replacing the entire frame!
Though insulated glass units stay faithful to you for a long time, the seal between the 2 panes of glass sometimes fail. As a result, the inner side between the 2 glass pieces fogs up which in turn calls for replacement. In case of an accident as well where only one pane of the glass breaks, we can help you replace the entire insulated glass unit.
Commercial Glass Window
Residential Glass Window
Glass Store Front
Insulating glass (IG) units are used in a wide range of applications including
- Commercial/Residential Fixed and Operable windows
- Curtain Walls
- Sloped/Overhead Glazing
- Non-vision (Spandrel) Locations
Insulated Glass Buying FAQs
Does insulated glass help save energy?
Yes; Insulated glass window panels make an excellent way to save on energy bills. They provide protection for your home from direct sunlight. You will benefit by using the air conditioning less.
Does insulated glass help reduce the room temperature?
Yes, Insulated Glass window Panels help reduce the overall temperature. There is space between the two panes of glass and the edges are sealed. This design helps absorb some of the heat.
Can I install the insulated glass, myself?
Replacing Insulated glass window panels is not a do it yourself “DIY” task. This project calls for a person with specialized skills and experience, to do the job.
How Can I Size the Windows?
It is extremely important to provide accurate measurements when requesting a price quotation.
To measure typical square and rectangular openings:
- Get rid of any old putty or stops. Measure the width of the rough window or door opening with care where the glass will be placed.
- Round down this dimension to the nearest 16th of an inch.
- Size the height of the opening and round down it to the nearest 16th of an inch.
- Subtract an extra 1/8" from the width and from the height size. For example, in the opening is 14" x 24" - you will have to order for a glass measuring 13 7/8" x 23 7/8".
For special shape cabinet openings and arch top:
- Make a template.
- You will need:
- A pencil
- Drafter's tracing paper
- A straight edge
- Masking tape
- Place the frame on a flat surface and cover its back with the drafter's tracing paper and put masking tape to ensure the paper stays in place.
- Rub the side of the pencil against edges of the opening to get precise imprints of the corners/ curve(s).
- Eliminate the paper from the frame and attach the corners with the help of straight edge and pencil. Write "top" and "bottom" and "front" and "back" in the template border lines.
- Cut out the model and place in the opening.
What is the Overall Thickness of the insulated Glass?
Standard thicknesses of insulated glass range from 11 mm to 33 mm. Custom glass thickness is also available.
What is meant by Low E Glass?
Low E glass was Introduced in 1979; the “E” stands for Emissivity. Low E glass blocks infrared and UV light by using a thin metallic coating on or in the glass. Ultraviolet light rays are harmful to the skin as well as furniture, etc. using low E glass helps you to protect your home’s interior from UV light.
Will your professionals help in installation?
We can provide our customers with complete assistance over the telephone. Onsite installation iis not available from Fab Glass and Mirror.
Can I get wholesale rates for bulk orders?
Yes, we please visit the link below for wholesale pricing information. https://www.fabglassandmirror.com/special-pricing
Is Safe Shipping Guaranteed?
Yes, we guarantee safe shipping. You don’t need to worry about damage or breakage. However, in the case of damage or breakage, a claim must be filed within 24 hours of receiving the order. If a breakage claim is made after this timeframe, the request will be denied. Please visit the following link to learn more about delivery and shipping: https://www.fabglassandmirror.com/over-size-delivery